Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Mom

Today is the second anniversary of the day my mom passed away. I want to dedicate this post to her! Mom was an awesome lady with many wonderful qualities and talents. She was a great mother and loved all of us so much. Each one of my brothers, sister and I all inherited some of her great attributes. My sister definatly inherited her abbility to be a fantastic cook among other things, my brother Scott got her real estate saavy, my brother Hal, aquired her love of reading (and they loved to play cards and gamble togather! Naughty, Naughty!!!) and me well I don't know. I know I am like her because I find myself saying things to my children, she used to say to me, and doing things the way she used to them!!!


I LOVE YOU MOM, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!


Mom would have Christmas Cookie Day at Grandma's. The kids LOVED it.

Mom's posterity,minus Drew her second oldest grandson



Mom loved to come and help when her grandbabies arrived. Here she is when Eliza arrived!




All of the grandkids, Tyler, Drew, Christina, Emily Adam, Eliza, Olivia

Mom with her grandkids (plus a great niece!) on her 70th birthday!!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Erin,
I can't believe it's been two years. What a sweet post honoring your dear mother. I know your mom is so proud of you, you are such a great wife and mother yourself! You are a great example to me, and I know you must have learned all your wonderful hostessing and entertaining talents (among others) from your mom.

Anonymous said...

Erin-
Wow, two years! Your mom left a wonderful legacy, a beautiful, talented daughter with many wonderful qualities. I know she smiles down on you and your family and watches over you and is so proud of you!
Love-
Jen

Holly said...

Erin,
I have such fond memories of your Mom! She was always smiling.

Remember the time we broke down off the 405 freeway in your VW late one night after a dance? I remember your Mom coming to get us in the blue sedan.

erin said...

Oh my gosh, I was just thinking about that the other day! I wasn't even scared, I think I would freak out it that happened to one of my kids or even myself!!! I don't know how my mom or your parents let us drive around in that death trap! YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE SEAT BEALT!!!!!!! Fun times though!