Thursday, September 4, 2008

YOSEMITE!!

Our family went on a camping trip with our friends The Martin's to Yosemite this past Labor Day weekend! We had the best time. I haven't been camping since I had Eliza (she's 3 1/2) and I have to admit I was a little nervous. Was she going to sleep at night, would she run off, and of course she is going to be filthy! I don't know what I was worrying about, aside from falling off her air mattress a few times, she slept great, and she was so happy being outside 24/7 she was happy staying in our campsite playing in the dirt, so needles to say she was filthy, but interestingly not as dirty as Tyler my 14 year old!!! The big kids had a great time too. It was so nice to get away from life and be outdoors. David and Tyler go backpacking quite a bit and I always stay behind with the girls, so I was happy to come along this time. Although it wasn't quite the same bringing me and the girls along. I defiantly bring more stuff!!!!


The start of the trip, the girls were so excited that they just had to break out in song! Too bad I didn't get a video.


We didn't get to our campsite until 9pm and we had to set up a new tent. Needless to say I wasn't thinking about pictures. I really wouldn't want to document us at that point anyways... it wasn't one our better moments. Soooo here is David the next morning enjoying a breakfast burrito. Yummy!

This is Jennifer. She probably won't be very happy with me for adding this picture, but I think she looks good.

I think I know why I really enjoyed this particular camping trip.....can you guess, I didn't do any dishes! Scott did most of them! Thanks Scott! Don't the boys look happy! Ha-Ha!!
Eliza lasted about five minutes in the backpack...what's up with her? I would love to get a ride!

He's a cute kid... I think I will keep him....even though he knows more than me now! Notice Eliza isn't in the backpack, that fact slowed down our walk tremendously.

Having fun on the Yosemite Shuttle.This was the only visitor we saw in our camp. Thank goodness, I was the only one who didn't want to see a bear! I forgot to change the setting on my camera, so you couldn't see his beautiful antlers!

One day we visited Toulumne Meadows. This was one spot we walked to. It was gorgeous.
Daddy helping Eliza... notice no backpack!


Slow and steady wins the race. Well not in this case!


They MADE IT! It was about a mile and half walk! Of course we had to caring back! But getting there she did it all on her own!


The two Tyler's!


We thought maybe a Christmas Card picture...maybe not! The kids looked good.


The whole gang in the shadow of Half Dome! Well maybe not the Tyler's are missing!




Thanks Martin Family, we had a so much fun! Until next time...

6 comments:

Anne said...

Ok you actually made camping look fun!!! We've never been to Yosemite, how lame is that! Will you come with us sometime and show us the ropes? Gorgeous scenery, glad you had fun!!!

erin said...

I would love to go with you guys!! Even if you don't camp you HAVE to go to Yosemite, it has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.

jen said...

We did the Yosemite thing last year and loved it. We hiked the half dome, so we were pretty exhausted. It looks like you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Was looking for pictures of Yosemite and stumbled on your site... Hoping to take the family there next week for a little trip.

erin said...

Mike,
I took a look at your site and I was very impressed, I especially enjoyed an article you posted on getting your kids out of the mall and into nature. I am grateful my husband loves nature and has exposed my children to lots outdoor oppurtunities. I want to get out there more now myself. I will defiantly tell more people about your site. Thanks, Erin

erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.